We have been informed that you will be receiving your degree next month. If you are not continuing your studies or career at MIT, we hope you enjoyed the convenience of TechCASH during your time here.
We know this is a busy time of year right now, but it is important that we inform you of this process. As of May 1st, you are no longer able to add funds to your TechCASH Flex account via MITPAY (Student Financial Services). However, you can still add funds by credit card at techcash.mit.edu.
Our policy is to close TechCASH Flex accounts for graduating students after June 30th each year (Dining Dollars expire on 6/8). You have a few options for how you would like to dispose of your remaining balance.
Please use this form to select one of the following:
- Close my account on July 1 (for most graduates)
- Close my account on September 1 (if
you will be staying on campus for the Summer with an active MIT ID card)
- Do not close my account (if
you’ll be continuing at MIT as a student or non-student)
If you choose to close your student TechCASH account, please indicate if you:
- wish to donate your remaining balance as to the Alumni Association as part of your class gift.
- wish to request a refund check to be mailed to your home address on file (only for TechCASH Flex balances greater than $25; Student Rewards and Dining Dollars are non-refundable)
If you would like to keep your TechCASH account active, please indicate:
- are remaining at MIT as a non-student and want to roll over your balance to a non-student TechCASH account.
- are remaining at MIT as a student and want to keep your existing account.
If we do not hear back from you:
- We will close your TechCASH account on July 1st, and all refundable balances (greater than $25) will be refunded to you*.
Thank you and good luck with your future endeavors.
The TechCASH Office
Note: All refunds will be processed by direct deposit where possible, or a
refund check will be sent to the permanent address you have on file with MIT, NOT to the address shown on the ticketing site.